8/29/2010

Sunday Art Therapy #2

Welcome to the 2nd Art Therapy Sunday.  This is a link party and Flickr group.  You can post to either or both.  This party is for all of your visual art endeavors.  I am doing an art journal for the first time and have found several great artists who create in their art journals nearly everyday.  Today, I'd like to introduce Lynna Goldhar Smith of Morning Star Studio. 



My journal


I have really enjoyed getting to know Lynna through her blog and I really connect with her artistic style.  On her 'about me' page entitled "The Dream", Lynna gets to the heart of the matter when she says,
I believe that Art in all it’s many forms is the embodiment of the human spirit dreaming in full color.  We all need creativity and imagination, because we all need to dream and imagine and envision new possibilities.  This is how we will grow and transform, ourselves, and the world around us.
This is what I have wanted the mantra of this blog to be.  We are all made in the image of God, the creator of the universe.  So, I believe that we all have the ability to be creative, drawing inspiration from God's creation.

My art journal entry for today is inspired from the anticipation of the fall season (it is so hot in TN!) and some new pens that I have.  Please forgive the photo quality.  It was taken with my Blackberry as I was laid up in bed when I did this.

Changing Tree Bare Tree Lonely Bird

Be sure to check out all of our other wonderful contributors in our Flickr group.



For all of my blogging friends out there.  Be sure to link up to the party below.  Here are the rules:
  • The art must be created by you.
  • It can be any size or shape. It can use any materials and can be about any subject. Explicit adult material will be removed.
  • Art journal pages, sketches, digital creations, and scribbles are perfectly ok.
  • Please link to your project post and not to your blog home page.
  • The Flickr Group will always be open for submissions.
  • The linky party will be open from Sunday through Tuesday.
  • Link back to this post in your blog or put the part button in your sidebar.
  • Be sure to visit and comment on each others submissions for both the link party and Flickr group.


This linky list is now closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers