8/19/2010

New Flickr Group & Linky Party

Dandelion Canvas


I have always wanted to be an artist.  I have always been "crafty", but how does that segue into real art?  I have asked that question to myself so much since my health has forced my exit from the [left-brained] corporate accounting career I enjoyed.  In doing so, I have been evaluating exactly what my definition of real art is.I have determined that everyone is an artist and that all manner of creativity is art.  Whether each of us decide to recognize and appreciate our own art is what makes the difference. 

A friend of mine introduced me to Whitney Ferre's Creatively Fit program several months ago. She was fortunate enough to actually participate in one of the workshops before Whitney relocated from Nashville to Oregon. I have followed Whitney's website as well as the Cloth, Paper, Scissors site and am an avid Etsy stalker.  These sites have inspired me to jump in feet first and just go for it. 

So, I am making a commitment to create a piece of non-jewelry visual art each week.  I will be posting my creations on Sunday of each week.  To keep me accountable and to get some inspiration, I'm creating a Flickr group for all of my readers who want to take this journey with me.  There will also be a linky party for those of you who also blog.

Here are the "rules":
  • The art must be created by you. 
  • It can be any size or shape.  It can use any materials and can be about any subject.  Explicit adult material will be removed.
  • Art journal pages, sketches, digital creations, and scribbles are perfectly ok.
  • The Flickr Group will always be open for submissions.
  • The linky party will be open from Sunday through Tuesday.
If you need a jump start, I suggest that you join the Creatively Fit Meet Your Artist Within program.  It's online and very affordable!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, I just joined your flicker group. I am enjoying your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and welcome to the group and to my humble little blog. I love your artistic style and can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers