8/25/2010

The Answer to Your Cake Decorating Dilemma

Baby Bottom cake covered in fondant and buttercream by Jenn Seratt
I know that I've mentioned that I have crafty ADD, and one of my favorite things to go back to again and again is cake decorating. It is a delicious art form. My friend Allison and I have been decorating cakes together for the last three years and have taken many different classes, but our favorites by far have been at SweetWise in Nashville.

Kathy Gentry is one of the best teachers I've had. She and her team have developed a fool proof fondant covering system called The Mat. It is so elegant in its simplicity. I have a physical disability that makes it difficult for me to roll out fondant and get the cake covered before its all dried out. However, with The Mat, I can take all the time that I need to roll out my fondant and when it's time to cover the cake, I can reposition the fondant as many times as I need to before I'm ready to smooth it down.

Check out Kathy demonstrating The Mat.



If you don't live in Nashville, don't fret. You can call the SweetWise shop and order your very own. SweetWise will also open their online store on September 20. Go check them out at SweetWise.com.

Happy decorating!

I'm linking to these parties:
Anything Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Trendy Treehouse
Hoo Are You Tuesdays at Night Owl Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers