8/16/2010

Romance in a Box

One of the sweetest memories I have is of my keepsake box--a shoebox filled with love notes, movie ticket stubs, and pictures of me and my highschool sweeties.  I decided to make one for my sweet neighbor and bible study sista.  She and her hubby are highschool sweethearts.  She has been feeling a bit overwhelmed since they adopted their little girl from China.  So, I thought what better way to help them keep that feeling of "first dates" than a box full of romantic notions.

My box is sweet, but if you are more of a "wild child", then check out The Dating Divas' "Wild About Him" post for a little more steam.

I started with a simple shoe box and a couple of sheets of scrapbook paper which I tore and used Mod Podge to cover the box. 




I decided to paint the inside purple using acrylic paint.  It covered well but did take a couple of coats.  I covered the holes in the box with prima flowers and added a ribbon to make the top box edge look a little more finished.

I printed date ideas from the Creative Stirrings blog onto card stock.  You can download my template here.

I also wrote romantic notions onto strips of card stock and rolled them up.  I made a box from scrapbook paper following instructions in this video that I found on Etsy. 



Here is my finished product:




I'll add a little journal for them to write love notes to each other and some scented candles to the box.  I hope she likes it and it gets tons of use!



I'm linking to these parties:

Fabulous Friday at Frou Frou Decor

Scrappy Saturdays at Scrappy Gifts

Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou



1 comment:

  1. I love your take on this! Fabulous gift. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers