This week was our first Art Therapy link party and Flickr group feature. I have committed to journaling at least once per week, but the link party and Flickr group is for any visual art piece that you have created.
For those of you who want to try an art journal, I thought that I'd explain a little about what it is. An art journal is
- a place to record personal activities, feelings, etc. Bottom line is that a journal of any type is PERSONAL. If you choose to share it with others, you might find comeradery. Rest assured that you will not be ridiculed here.
- a place to try new things--new techniques, new color combos, new products. Practice makes perfect!
- a place to have FUN and be CREATIVE.
- a masterpiece. Have fun and try new things. You'll be amazed at your growth as you look back.
- always a place for writing. Others may not be able to know what your page means by just looking at it without writing, but who cares. This is your journey and you will know exactly what you meant to convey.
- only for professionals. You don't even have to have artist quality materials. If you have an old book of any kind, some magazines, scissors, glue, crayons, pens/pencils, or even just photo editing software, you can create an art journal.
I hope you will go on this journey with me. The Flickr group is always open, and for those of you that blog, the link party will be open from Sunday through Tuesday.
I'm linking to these parties:
Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays at New Nostalgia
Anything Related at All Thingz Related
Get Your Craft On
Anything Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts