8/27/2010

Party Trays: Sophisticated & Cheap

I love to throw parties!  Even while I'm in the throws of planning one, I'm thinking about the next one.  Creative displays for my food are my favorite thing, but party trays, cupcake stands, and hors d'oeuvre tiers can be crazy expensive.  So, what is a girl to do?  Well, make her own of course!

I have been so inspired by my fellow crafting bloggers.  I took my inspiration for these trays by Julie at Joy's Hope.  Her trays are colorful and festive, but I wanted something a little more sophisticated but still fun.  I found a great set of plastic plates and cups at Target.  I got the plates 4 for $4 and the cups were about $2 each.  I used one tall and two short cups because I wanted some variation in height, but if do this again, I will go for all short glasses to make stacking easier.  I didnt' take pictures at each step becuase there are really only two. 


First, use fine grit sandpaper to rough up the bottom of the plate and cup.  Then, glue the plate to the cup.  I used E6000 glue. 


Let dry, and that's it.  They are ready to use.


I'm linking to these parties:


3 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOO!! This is totally a fab find!!! Loving it! You can't have too many of these for fun parties and they make great gifts!! Thank you so much for linking your wonderful creation up at Frou Frou Decor today!! Have a beautiful weekend,
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the materials you made them with.

    I wanted to let you know about Atticmag's new linky party - Giveaway Friday! It's a convenient place for bloggers to link their giveaways each week. We've kicked it off with a fantastic giveaway of our own. Five lucky winners will win material to do a backsplash in their homes. Hope to see you there!

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on loving to host partie and use all kinds of fun and pretty trays. But, like you said, the price is way too much for me. I have been getting creative with my plate stands. i find it more interesting that way.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers