10/12/2010

Fall Home Decor by Mandy's Yellow Corner


Well hello!


I am so excited to be here at Seeds on a Breeze!
Thanks so much for letting me visit, Jenn!


I'm Mandy, and I live in Colorado Springs with my dear husband and our puppy, Ali.





I write a blog called Mandy's Yellow Corner where I share my crafty endeavors...


Like my recreation of a beat up door that I was infatuated with...





Or my tutorial for making an Anthropologie Knock-off Necklace





Today I want to share something that I recently made for my mantel.
I wanted something that would remind me of fall and of God's goodness...


So I took a couple of pages from my old ruined books stash,
And burnt the edges a little bit
[I'm really into burnt paper at the moment]...





Then I cut some black paper to be the same size,
ripped it at the corner,
and burnt the edges...





Then I printed out 1 Chronicles 29:1
"Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name."


I ripped the page around the text and wrinkled it up to make it look old.
I even took a lit match and barely brushed it against the paper to discolor it slightly...





I glued all the layers together,
and here it is framed on my mantel:





If you enjoyed that tutorial, you may want to come over and check out some of my other tutorials.





Thanks again for having me on your lovely blog, Jenn!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers