6/24/2010

Stash Busting: Fern-inspired Necklace

I actually made this necklace a few weeks ago, but I did create it from items in my stash.  I used natural green shell beads and antiqued brass chain to create this lovely 16" necklace.  But, my favorite piece is the steel fern frond that I purchased on Etsy from Black Sheep Beads



I have been very inspired by the ferns I've seen this summer.  In the south, you can usually find them hanging from nearly every porch.  I can remember my grandmother bringing her ferns from their winter hibernation spot and hanging them from hooks on her front porch while telling me how they were about as old as me (around 5 at the time) and who she got them from.  Ah, summer.

photo by maryruthrowell on photobucket

I'd love to hear what you think of this project.  I plan on making it available in my Etsy shop opening in July. 

I'm linking up to these parties:

giveaways Get your craft on Thurs.

1 comment:

  1. I love this necklace! You have quite a talent there, little lady! Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment about my Vintage Tablecloth Dress at www.potholesandpantyhose.com.
    It's always great to meet/write to a new reader!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers