6/09/2010

The Ripple Bracelet

It's definitely summer time in Tennessee, and for us that means weekends spent on the lake.  There is no better place to get inspired.  We've been getting those pop up summer showers on the lake lately and I wanted to capture the beauty of the ripples the raindrops make as they hit the water.  Nature can be organic and geometric at the same time.  The perfect concentric circles of the ripples was the inspiration for this bracelet. 



The bracelet is 8 inches long and made of silver-plated metal.  The clasp was handmade using a WigJig.  At first, I wanted to use a toggle clasp, but found this clasp to be much easier to close.  I'll have this item in my new Etsy shop opening in July. 

I hope this will be the first in a series inspired by the weather, specifically storms.  I have tons of ideas and sketches and can't wait to get creating!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers