12/19/2010

Sunday Art Therapy #17

A couple of weeks ago, my best friend from college invited me to a ladies' Christmas brunch. She had planned to play dirty Santa with small gifts. So, I scouted out Etsy and found this coffee coozie from one of my favorite sellers, PoshPaisley:


Isn't it adorable?  I had to make sure that the wrapping for this little gem was just as lovely as the treasure inside.  I thought that I would create a little envelope out of my paper stash, or maybe use one of my recycled boxes and wrap it in paper.  As I looked around my studio, I found the perfect piece.


This little bag once held two chocolate chip cookies from a hotel in Cleveland, OH.  I couldn't just throw it away.  (To be honest, I kept the little cookie wrappers, too!)  But, it didn't scream Christmas, so I dressed it up. 




BagAfter



The little carriage in this scene was part of the print on the paper.  I loved it and incorporated it into my painted scene.  I scrubbed white gesso over part of the paper, and used watercolor crayon to paint in the house and the trees.  I added in some cute little stickers and finished it off with a decorative tape.

Although it was the smallest gift on the table, it was the first present chosen and loved by its final owner.

Don't skimp out on the wrapping.  It's the details that make even the simplest gift very special.

If you haven't already done so, check out last week's Sunday Art Therapy submissions.  Claire from Saraccino has really been busy with some awesome projects!  Love all the pink!

Now, it's your turn.  Link away! 

NOTE:  There will be no Sunday Art Therapy link party for the next two weeks as we celebrate the holidays with family and friends.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!






This linky list is now closed.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time! I wish you and your family a merry christmas and a happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gift bag looks great, I love the hint of ye olde printing beneath your painted surface, and your collage is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Keep them coming!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers